My new year’s resolution for 2017 is to get some of the growing mountain of UFOs completed. I started at the end of December by counting up all the projects I currently had on the needles. As I unearthed more project bags and remembered hidey-holes, the scope of the job ballooned.
I had 19 projects on the needles, at various stages of completion! Naturally there was a spreadsheet, and some tallying of the various stages of completion…but that’s a little too clear a view into my neurosis, don’t you think?
The rules for the next year are: two projects from pre-2017 must be completed prior to casting on anything new. Two projects down, one new one – hence the “cha cha”.
The first thing off the needles was the Pomatomus Socks. I used SweetGeorgia Tough Love Sock in Pistachio. They’re just a little bit loose on me, but it’s a very stretchy stitch pattern.
Next I finished my kit’s worth of Knitted Knockers. I ordered 5 of these kits last year and some of the other ladies in my knitting group are working on them. This is such a great charity, and a very speedy project.
So, with two down I got to pick something new:
This is the Constellate hat by Hunter Hammersen. The yarn is madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in colorway Nighthawk. I thought the slipped stitches would show off the color changes in a fun way, and I’m not disappointed so far.
2017 Stats as of 1/31/17:
18 projects on the needles
17 from before 2017, 1 after
Overall % completion 1/1/17: 46%
Overall % completion 1/31/17: 52%
Slowly but surely!