Actual knitting content! Wonders never cease.
A woman in my knitting group here, the Okinawa Yarnies, is expecting her second baby later this month. Remembering how much I loved the one you made for Leah, I decided to finally try my hand at the Baby Surprise Jacket:
- Pattern: Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmerman
- Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Hand-Painted in Lake Front
- Needle: I can’t remember!
Now, because this is the recipient’s second child, I wanted to make something for the soon-to-be big brother. The way I see it, it’s kind of a raw deal when you’re used to being an only child, then you get a new baby in the house that gets all the attention PLUS a whole bunch of presents.
- Pattern: Hotshot by Julia Stanfield
- Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in Christmas Green
- Needle: US 7
These projects were so much fun to knit, and the recipient was very surprised and touched when I gave them to her, which is so gratifying.
I also got my Ruby Red off the needles and blocked, but it needs buttons before it’s ready to present to the world. Soon!
I miss you a ton.